Lynn Muller, Site Manager
phone (914) 762-1350
Joseph G. Caputo Community Center
Ossining, NY 10562
Office hours at the Senior Center are Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm.
The Senior Services department offers various assistance programs for health and wellness plus a full schedule of social activities. All programs are open to all Town of Ossining residents sixty years of age or older. Every effort is made to provide transportation, please call for details. The Center is handicapped accessible.
The Senior Center and its activities will be closed whenever the Ossining Public Schools are closed due to weather. Listen to WLNA 1420 AM or WHUD 100.7 FM.
For more information on taxes and exemptions for Senior Citizens age 65 and older, visit the Sliding Scale letter on the Assessor's page.
For questions or further information about any of the programs and services offered, please call the Senior Center between Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm.
This brochure developed by the New York State Consumer Protection Board that deals with fraud/scams aimed at the elderly; including scams regarding Travel, Sweepstakes & Lottery, Charity, Work At Home, and Hearing Devices and/or Miracle Cures.
A monthly calendar of events is available upon request from the Ossining Senior Center. A variety of other programs and activities are offered throughout the year. Call the Senior Center for more information or check the Ossining Parks and Recreation seasonal bulletin.
Senior Assistance - A social worker is available at the center 8:30am - 1:30pm for information & referrals. Please call Debbie Klein at 914-762-7655 for assistance.
Health Services & Programs
- On-Site Nutrition Program - Hot lunch served at the senior center Monday-Friday at 12:00pm in the dining room. $3.00 suggested donation. Please call the Center to make a reservation.
- Home Delivered Meals - A hot lunch is delivered to qualifying homebound seniors Monday-Friday in Ossining and Briarcliff. There is a $3.50 suggested contribution. Please call the Center for more information and program guidelines.
- RUOK - "Are You Okay?" - A daily phone call is made every morning to check on seniors 7 days a week. Calls are made at 8:00a.m. or 9:00a.m. Please call the Center to register.
- Grocery Shopping - Transportation is provided to and from the Croton Shop-Rite every Wednesday at 12:30pm. You must eat lunch at the Center first in order to go. Call the Center to reserve a spot. There is a $2.00 transportation fee.
- Taxi Coupons - Discount Taxi Coupons are available to Ossining and Briarcliff seniors who are 60 years and older. Proof of age and residency are required. The Coupons can be used in and around the Town & Village of Ossining, Briarcliff, and to Phelps Hospital ONLY. Coupons are $3.00 each, with a limit of 15 coupons a month. Call the center to purchase and for more information.
- Bingo - Every Monday and Friday at 12:45pm $1.00 a card to play.
- Chair Yoga - Wednesdays 10:00-11:00am. Instructor Ellen Cohen.
- Line Dancing - Every Thursday 10:30-11:30am. Instructor Cameron Kelly.
- Adult Coloring/Word Puzzles - Every morning coloring pages and supplies are provided as well as crossword/word search puzzles.
- Arts & Crafts - Fridays 10:00-11:00am. Instructor Ann Reibel. (A supply fee may be requested for some projects)
- Ossining Golden Age Club #1 - Senior Group meets Tuesdays in the gym at 1:00pm.
Senior Center Programs are sponsored by:
New York State Department of Health and Human Services
New York State Office for the Aging
Westchester County Department of Senior Programs & Services
The Town of Ossining
Contributions for meals are voluntary and anonymous. If you are unable to meet the suggested amount, we ask that you contribute whatever amound you feel you can afford. No one is denied a meal due to inability or unwillingness to contribute. All contributions are required to go directly back into the nutrition program and are used to help pay for the cost of the meal as well as other meal program expenses