Kathy Asaro, Site Manager
phone (914) 762-1350
Joseph G. Caputo Community Center
Ossining, NY 10562
Office hours at the Senior Center are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm.
The Senior Services department offers various assistance programs for health and wellness plus a full schedule of social activities. All programs are open to all Town of Ossining residents sixty years of age or older. Every effort is made to provide transportation, please call for details. The Center is handicapped accessible.
The Senior Center and its activities will be closed whenever the Ossining Public Schools are closed due to weather. Listen to WLNA 1420 AM or WHUD 100.7 FM.
For more information on taxes and exemptions for Senior Citizens age 65 and older, visit the Sliding Scale letter on the Assessor's page.
For questions or further information about any of the programs and services offered, please call the Senior Center between Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm.
This brochure developed by the New York State Consumer Protection Board that deals with fraud/scams aimed at the elderly; including scams regarding Travel, Sweepstakes & Lottery, Charity, Work At Home, and Hearing Devices and/or Miracle Cures.
A monthly calendar of events is available upon request from the Ossining Senior Center. A variety of other programs and activities are offered throughout the year. Call the Senior Center for more information or check the Ossining Parks and Recreation seasonal bulletin.
Health Services & Programs
- Nutrition Program - Hot lunch served at the senior center Monday-Friday at 12:00pm in the dining room. $3.00 suggested donation. Please call the Center to make a reservation.
- Home Delivered Meals - A hot lunch is delivered to eligible homebound seniors Monday-Friday. There is a $3.50 suggested donation. Please call the Center to register.
- RUOK - "Are You Okay?" - A daily phone call is made every morning to check on seniors. Calls are made at 8:00a.m. or 9:00a.m. Call the Center to register.
- Grocery Shopping - Transportation is provided to and from the Croton Shop-Rite every Wednesday at 12:30pm after lunch. You must eat lunch at the Center to go. Call the Center to reserve a spot. There is a $2.00 transportation fee.
- Taxi Coupons - Discount Taxi Coupons are available to Ossining and Briarcliff seniors who were born in 1950 or before. Coupons are $3.00 each, with a limit of 15 coupons a month. You can purchase the coupons at the Center. Call the center for more information.
- Blood Pressure - A Pharmacist from the Prescription Center of Ossining comes to the center the last Tuesday of every month from 11:00-12:00p.m. to take blood pressure, sugar readings, and to answer any prescription questions.
- Bingo - Every Monday and Friday at 12:45p.m. in the dining room. $1.00 a card.
- Line Dancing - Every Thursday 10:45-11:45a.m. in the dining room.
- Exercise - Classes are ongoing, check the monthly calendar or call the center for updated info. Must register through recreation center for exercise classes. The cost is $40 for 8 classes, but also confirm online during registration (prices subject to change).
- Art Class - Thursdays 1:00-3:15p.m. in the art room.
- Ossining Golden Age Club #1 - Senior Group meets Tuesdays in the gym at 1:00p.m.
Senior Services - Debbie Klein S.W. is available for information and referrals on Mondays, Wedensdays, and Fridays from 8:30a.m. - 1:30p.m. Call 914-762-7655 for assistance.
Senior Center Programs are sponsored by:
New York State Department of Health and Human Services
New York State Office for the Aging
Westchester County Department of Senior Programs & Services
The Town of Ossining
Contributions for meals are voluntary and anonymous. If you are unable to meet the suggested amount, we ask that you contribute whatever amound you feel you can afford. No one is denied a meal due to inability or unwillingness to contribute. All contributions are required to go directly back into the nutrition program and are used to help pay for the cost of the meal as well as other meal program expenses