Mind, Body, Spirit Ossining
The Town of Ossining is kicking off an exciting program this spring at our beautiful Town and Village Parks.
Partnering with local businesses, fitness and wellness classes will be offered to the public on the weekends at a Town or Village Park. This program highlights all the best Ossining has to offer, from our many parks, to our talented local trainers and wellness experts. Let’s make the mind, body, and spirit of Ossining better this fall!
Here are a few of the programs taking place this fall:
- On Sunday, September 4th at 11AM at Louis Engel Park, finish up your Labor Day Weekend with the ladies of Delphi Dance Ensemble for a mini dance lesson and dance circle. You will learn more about the troupe/sisterhood, basic belly dance moves and gain a few tips to boost your self-confidence! No prior belly dance experience necessary. Participants should bring a bottle of water and a hip scarf (optional) and wear comfortable clothing. Come out and be a part of the troupe for a day!
- On Saturday, September 10th at 6PM at Louis Engel Park, come enjoy a slow and easy Yoga Flow dow by the waterfront, led by Kendra Rossney of Dragonfly Wellness Yoga Studio. This class will focus on easy movements, mindful awareness, and breathing to faciliate a sense of peace and grounding. All are welcomed to attend and all levels are encouraged to participate in this FREE to the public offering. September is National Yoga Month, so don't miss this chance to participate!
- On Saturday, September 17th at 9:30AM at Louis Engel Park, join Club Fit Trainer Tracy Bielenberg and Fitness Diector Susie Reiner on this all levels and all ages Boot Camp. The group will be divided based on age and/or ability and concurrent workouts will be done, including a warm up, total body workout using body weight exercises and park equipment, and finishing out with a cool down and stretch. There's no reason to keep your workout inside, exercise in the great outdoors for a refreshing and exhilarating 60 minute workout! Ages 10-75! First 25 participants to both events will receive a Club Fit water bottle, and all participants will have an opportunity to enter into a summer-long raffle for a Club Fit membership valued at over $200.
- On Sunday, September 18th at 9:30AM at Louis Engel Park, come to the last 30-minute outdoor training session taught by ICU Fit Training's Enrique Rosario. This session's theme is "Football is Back." Celebrate the return of football with this 30-minute "Train like the Pros" workout. No experience or equipment necessary, just bring water. Don't forget your favorite team jersey and to wear your eye black, too!
- On Saturday, September 24th at 9:30AM at Nelson Park, bring your kids for an exciting program sponsored by Open Door Family Medical Center. Come and shake, rattle and roll with Recess Rocks, a fun, dynamic movement program for elementary school children!
- On Sunday, September 25th at 3PM at Louis Engel Park, Sue Radparvar of Ossining's Studio95 will lead participants in her Zumba "fitness party."
Stay tuned for additional programs to come and give-aways from some of our local fitness centers.
LOCATIONS AND MAPS:
Please sign up by submitting the form below in advance for as many programs as you’re interested in.