Kathy Asaro, Site Manager
phone (914) 762-1350
fax (914) 762-3532
Joseph G. Caputo Community Center
Ossining, NY 10562
Office hours at the Senior Center are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm.
The Senior Services department offers various assistance programs for health and wellness plus a full schedule of social activities. All programs are open to all Town of Ossining residents sixty years of age or older. Every effort is made to provide transportation, please call for details. The Center is, of course, handicapped accessible.
The Senior Center and its activities will be closed whenever the Ossining Public Schools are closed due to weather. Listen to WLNA 1420 AM or WHUD 100.7 FM.
For more information on taxes and exemptions for Senior Citizens age 65 and older, visit the Sliding Scale letter on the Assessor's page.
For questions or further information about any of the programs and services offered, please call the Senior Center between Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm.
This brochure developed by the New York State Consumer Protection Board that deals with fraud/scams aimed at the elderly; including scams regarding Travel, Sweepstakes & Lottery, Charity, Work At Home, and Hearing Devices and/or Miracle Cures.
A monthly calendar of events is available upon request from the Ossining Senior Center. A variety of other programs and activities are offered throughout the year. Call the Senior Center for more information or check the Ossining Parks and Recreation seasonal bulletin.
Health Services & Programs
- Nutrition Program - Hot lunch served at the senior center Monday through Friday at 12:00pm. $2.00 suggested donation. Pleae call the Center to make a reservation.
- Home Delivered Meals - A Hot & Cold lunch is delivered to homebound seniors Monday-Friday. $2.50 suggested donation. Pleaes call the Center for more informaiton.
- RUOK - "Are You Okay?" - A daily phone call is made every monring to check on seniors. Calls are made 8am or 9am. Call the Center to register.
- Grocery Shopping - Transportation is provided to the Croton Shop-Rite every Thursday at 12:30pm after lunch. You must eat lunch at the Center to go. Call the Center to reserve a spot.
- Blood Pressure - Prescriptin Center of Ossining Pharmacist comes to the Center once a month, 11:00am-12:00pm, to take blood pressure, diabetic sugar readings, and to answer any prescription quesitons.
Senior Center Programs are sponsored by:
New York State Department of Health and Human Services
New York State Office for the Aging
Westchester County Department of Senior Programs & Services
The Town of Ossining
- Art Class - Thursdays 12:45-3:30pm in the art room.
- Bingo - Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12:45pm in the dining room. $1.00 a card.
- Exercise - Wednesdays at 11:00am-12:00pm in the gym.
- Line Dancing - Every Thursday 10:45am in the dining room.
- Taxi Coupons - Discount Taxi Coupons are available to Ossining and Briarcliff seniors who were born in 1945 or before. Coupons are $3.00 each, with a limit of 15 coupons a month. You can purchase the coupons at the Center.
- North Hill Association - Meets monthly in the North Hill Community room.
- Ossining Golden Age Club #1 - Meets Tuesdays at 1:00 pm at the Center.
- Ossining Senior Citizens - Meets every Monday at 1:00 pm at the Center.