- Last Updated: 29 March 2017 29 March 2017
February 14th, 2017- 8:30AM
All Board Meetings are televised LIVE on GO-TV, on Channel 78. Taped shows are repeated every Thursday at 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Channels 78 and 18.
- Last Updated: 09 February 2017 09 February 2017
Well, the weather folks seem to have gotten it right. Snow is falling quickly and roads are icing up. Aside from essential storm personnel, Town and Village offices will be closed today, but we look forward to serving you bright and early Friday morning.
We urge you to do your best to stay indoors and off the roads, so that our Highway/ Parks and DPW crews can keep the path clear for emergency responders. It is also quite windy, which could mean downed power lines and outages. Be sure to charge up all devices, have flashlights and extra batteries nearby, and call 1-800-75-CONED to report service problems and downed wires. As a reminder, if you see a downed wire, steer clear and call Con Ed right away.
The roads are so slippery that even our bigger trucks are having difficulty. Suburban Carting also would like us to share that they were not able to complete their usual Thursday route today, so if they did not reach you, please be patient- they will get to you tomorrow when conditions clear up. The affected neighborhoods are Hudson Watch, Deerfield, Fox Hill, Ganung/ Cooper/ Stonegate/ Lakeville, and Studio Hill/ Tappan Terrace/ Leawood. If you are not in these areas and did not get a pickup today, please call our office and we will be sure to let Suburban know.
I hope everyone is able to stay warm and dry (at least, until the shoveling begins!)
- Last Updated: 10 February 2017 10 February 2017
We just got the 4PM update from Westchester County, and it seems unlikely that Ossining will get through the next 24 hours with less than 6 inches of snow, with some estimates coming close to 15 inches!
Our Highway and Parks staff will be coming in around 4AM to meet the heaviest snowfall; the system is expected to move quickly and be gone by early afternoon on Thursday, but in the meanwhile, we have a few reminders for the next few hours:
Please do your best to stay off the roads as much as possible starting around midnight tonight through tomorrow evening, when conditions are expected to be at their worst. Additionally, please be sure to take all your regular storm precautions (charging cell phones, having flashlights and extra batteries nearby, avoid downed power lines), as this sort of weather often brings power outages.
In the event that you do lose power, please dial 1-800-75-CONED to report the outage, or use Con Ed’s app on your smart phone; you can also text REG to OUTAGE (688243) to get signed up for text notifications, but be sure to have your account number handy in order to complete the registration. You should also use this number (1-800-75-CONED) to report any downed poles or wires. Finally, be sure to check on elderly neighbors and friends and, if necessary, help them prepare for the bad weather too.
- We will be watching the weather closely overnight; in the event that the weather precludes Town staff from getting into the offices on Thursday, we will let you know in the morning.
- To be on the safe side, the Town Court of the Town of Ossining is cancelled for the evening of Thursday, February 9th, 2017. If you are scheduled for Civil Court (6:30PM) or Parking Court (7PM) on Thursday, February 9th, you will be rescheduled. Please call (914) 762-8562 for more information.
- Our Highway Department requests that you clean up with consideration-- do not shovel snow into the roadway (this includes pulling your car into the road to clean it!), and please ask your contractors to do the same. We also ask that you observe the Town parking ordinance, which requires that you do not park on Town roads between 3AM and 6AM-- if you leave your car half in the driveway and half in the street, this makes it harder for our trucks to get through and clear the roads for emergency responders. We appreciate all efforts to make the cleanup easier on everyone!
Be safe and stay warm,
- Last Updated: 07 February 2017 07 February 2017
A meeting of the Planning Board of the Town of Ossining will be held on:
Wednesday, February 15th, 2017
7:30 P.M. at the
John Paul Rodrigues
Ossining Operations Center
101 Route 9A
Ossining, NY 10562A
- Butler Subdivision, 2 Hillcrest Drive (Briarcliff), 3 Lot Subdivision- PUBLIC HEARING CONTINUED