- Last Updated: 04 March 2019 04 March 2019
We were caught a little off guard by that snowstorm this morning, were you? Special thanks to the Town and Village staff for getting the roads clear before most of us started our daily commute. Unfortunately, there is more snow on the way-- we are hearing a few more inches overnight into tomorrow morning and throughout the day tomorrow, as well as flurries throughout Sunday and maybe even a little more into Monday. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there will be enough accumulation to make any kind of respectable snowman, but we shall see. It's been a bad winter for snowmen.
We have been busy this week-- the Town Board met on Tuesday evening and we were joined by several special guests. Our Town/Village Engineer Paul Fraioli and Water Superintendent Andy Tiess were joined by James Natarelli from AI Engineers, Inc. (formerly Dolph Rotfeld Engineering P.C.) to share an update on the planning progress for the McCarthy Drive restoration.
This is going to be a large project-- not only does the road need to be effectively torn out and rebuilt, but also widened, and there is extensive utility work that needs to happen underneath the road. The Village of Ossining will be replacing the water main there, and there is coordination that needs to happen with other utilities as well. As this process has gotten underway, we have heard from many residents of McCarthy, as well of residents of the surrounding streets, that there are major drainage issues in the neighborhood related to storm water runoff, and our engineering team has been working to come up with solutions to these issues that could be part of the road improvement to the best of our ability. Many residents came to the meeting to hear from the engineers and offer feedback and insight on the proposed solutions, and we will continue to keep the community updated as we get closer to breaking ground this summer. Thanks to Paul, Andy and James for putting together such a comprehensive presentation for the Board-- if you missed it, you can check out the Youtube video here-- start around the 36 minute mark.
- Last Updated: 05 March 2019 05 March 2019
Special & Town Hall Meeting
Tuesday, March 5th, 2019
Budarz Theater - Ossining Public Library
53 Croton Avenue, Ossining NY 10562
The Work Session will be preceded by a short Special Meeting.
Town Hall Meeting Agenda:
1. pdf 2019 Homestead Study (928 KB) Review & Discussion
- Recap by Gerry Benjamin & Tom Cetrino of the Benjamin Center
- Public Comment
- In order to provide sufficient time for everyone who wishes to speak, we will be limiting comments to 3 minutes per speaker. If time remains after everyone has spoken once, the Board will consider allowing repeat speakers.
Please remember the following:
- The meeting will begin at 7:30PM. If you plan to attend, please arrive early to ensure you have time to find parking. We have gotten permission from Ossining High School for folks to park there and carpool over to the Library, and you may also park at the Ossining Community Center. There is metered street parking throughout the Village which is free after 6PM.
- We must leave the Library by 9:15PM at the absolute latest. If you wish to address the Board and time runs out, please be prepared to submit your comment or question in writing and the Board will make sure your question is answered as soon as possible.
- If you cannot make this meeting, it will be recorded and posted to the Town's YouTube channel within 48 hours.
- Last Updated: 26 February 2019 26 February 2019
A meeting of the Planning Board of the Town of Ossining will be held on:
Wednesday, March 6th, 2019
7:30 P.M. at the
Ossining Operations Center
101 Route 9A
Ossining, NY 10562
- SPCA of Westchester, 590 North State Road, Site Plan Amendment PUBLIC HEARING CONTINUED
- Mark Picucci, 51A Croton Dam Road, New Single-Family Home, Architectural Review –
- Rayford Deverne & Sons, 52 Old Albany Post Road, Lot 3, New Single-Family Home, Architectural Review
- Rinaldi Subdivision, 39 Stormytown Road, 10 Lot Subdivision
- MGM Design & Construction Group LLC, 5 Hawkes Avenue, 3 Lot Subdivision
Please visit the Planning Board Projects Page to view PDF copies of documents pertaining to the Agenda for March 6th.
- Last Updated: 25 February 2019 25 February 2019
Most of the Town Board and other Town staff members started this week at the Association of Towns Annual Conference in New York City.
This conference is a great opportunity for us to learn about new ideas and programs available to municipalities and meet community leaders across the state. We also saw some familiar faces there this year-- on Tuesday morning, Maddi and I attended the Breakfast with the Association and listened to Senator Chuck Schumer speak about what is happening around our great state.
We also (unexpectedly) ran into our labor lawyers Craig and Hilary from Bond, Schoeneck & King-- they were giving a CLE (Continuing Legal Education) course that happened to be taking place in the classroom we were leaving, it was a happy surprise! Although, we shouldn't really be TOO surprised-- they are the best of the best, and it makes perfect sense that they would be telling other lawyers what's what!