- Last Updated: 10 February 2017 10 February 2017
We just got the 4PM update from Westchester County, and it seems unlikely that Ossining will get through the next 24 hours with less than 6 inches of snow, with some estimates coming close to 15 inches!
Our Highway and Parks staff will be coming in around 4AM to meet the heaviest snowfall; the system is expected to move quickly and be gone by early afternoon on Thursday, but in the meanwhile, we have a few reminders for the next few hours:
Please do your best to stay off the roads as much as possible starting around midnight tonight through tomorrow evening, when conditions are expected to be at their worst. Additionally, please be sure to take all your regular storm precautions (charging cell phones, having flashlights and extra batteries nearby, avoid downed power lines), as this sort of weather often brings power outages.
In the event that you do lose power, please dial 1-800-75-CONED to report the outage, or use Con Ed’s app on your smart phone; you can also text REG to OUTAGE (688243) to get signed up for text notifications, but be sure to have your account number handy in order to complete the registration. You should also use this number (1-800-75-CONED) to report any downed poles or wires. Finally, be sure to check on elderly neighbors and friends and, if necessary, help them prepare for the bad weather too.
- We will be watching the weather closely overnight; in the event that the weather precludes Town staff from getting into the offices on Thursday, we will let you know in the morning.
- To be on the safe side, the Town Court of the Town of Ossining is cancelled for the evening of Thursday, February 9th, 2017. If you are scheduled for Civil Court (6:30PM) or Parking Court (7PM) on Thursday, February 9th, you will be rescheduled. Please call (914) 762-8562 for more information.
- Our Highway Department requests that you clean up with consideration-- do not shovel snow into the roadway (this includes pulling your car into the road to clean it!), and please ask your contractors to do the same. We also ask that you observe the Town parking ordinance, which requires that you do not park on Town roads between 3AM and 6AM-- if you leave your car half in the driveway and half in the street, this makes it harder for our trucks to get through and clear the roads for emergency responders. We appreciate all efforts to make the cleanup easier on everyone!
Be safe and stay warm,
- Last Updated: 07 February 2017 07 February 2017
A meeting of the Planning Board of the Town of Ossining will be held on:
Wednesday, February 15th, 2017
7:30 P.M. at the
John Paul Rodrigues
Ossining Operations Center
101 Route 9A
Ossining, NY 10562A
- Butler Subdivision, 2 Hillcrest Drive (Briarcliff), 3 Lot Subdivision- PUBLIC HEARING CONTINUED
- Last Updated: 03 February 2017 03 February 2017
Before I get started, I want to remind everyone that tonight, many of our friends and neighbors will be joining together in a demonstration of unity at Market Square. I am proud of Ossining-- while sometimes we disagree, we also collectively realize that we are all in this together, and that crafting a better, brighter world is our responsibility. I hope you will join me and my colleagues, along with our community and religious leaders, to share a positive and hopeful message this evening.
We have a packed agenda for this coming Tuesday's Special Meeting and Work Session, which will take place at 7:30PM at 16 Croton Avenue. We will start with several public hearings, the first of which will be a continuation of our Public Hearing on Local Law #1 of 2017, which proposes zoning changes in the Unincorporated Area of the Town-- there is an updated draft that you can find here. We will also open a public hearing on pdf Local Law #2 of 2017 (8 KB) , which would extend our development moratorium by several weeks so that we can finish the important work described in Local Law #1. We also have two cabaret license renewals who will enter the Public Hearing process: Maya Riviera and Westchester Ballroom, both on North State Road.
- Last Updated: 29 March 2017 29 March 2017
February 7th, 2017- 7:30PM
2-7-2017 Special Meeting Agenda (Updated 2/7)
1) Discussion of Changes to Local Law #1 of 2017
2) Changes to Fee Schedule: Alarm Fines and Certificates of Occupancy- Chief Kevin Sylvester, Building Inspector John Hamilton, Superintendent of Highways Michael G. O'Connor
3) Pavilion and Picnic Area Rental Application- Recreation Superintendent Chris Soi and Parks Foreman Mario Velardo
4) 2017 Capital Borrow- Recreation Superintendent Chris Soi, Parks Foreman Mario Velardo and Town Comptroller Thomas Warren
5) 2017 Village Water Lien Addition to Town Tax Bills- Town Comptroller Thomas Warren
All Board Meetings are televised LIVE on GO-TV, on Channel 78. Taped shows are repeated every Thursday at 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Channels 78 and 18.