- Last Updated: 12 July 2016 12 July 2016
Birdsall-Fagan Police/Court Facility
86-88 Spring Street, Ossining NY 10562
pdf 7-12-2016 Agenda (52 KB) (Updated 7/12)
- pdf Local Law #6 of 2016 Moratorium (14 KB)
- pdf Local Law #7 of 2016 Emergency Access System (16 KB)
All Board Meetings are televised LIVE on GO-TV, on Channel 78. Taped shows are repeated every Thursday at 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Channels 78 and 18.
- Last Updated: 12 July 2016 12 July 2016
Well, today we are a little tired, but it's a happy kind of tired-- the Independence Day Fireworks last night were phenomenal! We couldn't have asked for better weather, we had a beautiful sunset and delicious food to eat, all while accompanied by incredible music and a fantastic fireworks show. Thank you to all who worked so hard to make Ossining's big night a success, especially our Town and Village Parks staff, the Police and Fire Departments, Recreation Superintendent Chris Soi and his staff, Interstate Fireworks, Powderfinger, and the always incredible KJ Denhert. I look forward to working alongside everyone for the rest of the Waterfront Concert Series and making this summer one to remember! I hope you'll join me next Friday night (July 8th) for another great night featuring "Breakfast For The Boys".
(If you're looking for more live music during the week, the Ferry Sloops "Summer Music Series" continues this Thursday, July 7th, with Deuces Child, an acoustic duo, at Shattemuc Yacht Club. Admission is free, and the show starts at 7:30PM.)
Last Friday, along with some community members, I got to tour the Indian Brook Water Treatment Plant and get a "behind the scenes" look at how our water is collected, treated, processed and transmitted to our homes and businesses. I have toured this facility in the past, but there is always more to learn, and this visit was especially timely: the Village has started an extensive project to restore the earthen dam that holds back the Indian Brook Reservoir, and we found the Treatment Plant staff were friendly and informative hosts. A special thanks to Chief Operator Steve Ho, Village Engineer Paul Fraioli and Water Superintendent Andy Tiess for an education in flocculation, filtration and everything in between.
Last Saturday was also an exciting day-- Town Councilwomen Karen D'Attore, Liz Feldman, Kim Jeffrey and I spent the early evening with the Ossining Fire Department at their annual Inspection Dinner, and boy, were those engines looking fine! We then headed up to Anne M. Dorner Middle School for the kickoff to Ossining's Relay for Life event, where the Town and Village formed "Team Dodge Against Cancer" in honor of former Supervisor Martha Dodge. This is always an incredibly touching event, and this year was no different. The bravery and perserverance demonstrated by the survivors was an inspiration to us all, and I am grateful for the opportunity to take part in such an important community event. At last count, the Ossining event raised $39,721.34 this year for the American Cancer Society-- thank you for your generosity, Ossining!
- Last Updated: 30 June 2016 30 June 2016
Please join us tonight for our annual Independence Day Fireworks Celebration at Louis Engel Waterfront Park!
The fun starts at 7PM, when KJ Denhert and her band will kick off our 2016 Summer Concert Series with some great tunes before the fireworks start at 9:15PM, and Powderfinger will keep the music going once the fireworks have ended.
We also have some great food vendors setting up at the waterfront, including Kona Ice, The Blue Pig Ice Cream, Wobble Cafe, Lonnie's Fish Fry, Tommy's Food Truck, Basta Pasta & Pizza, and Gyro Uno. Bring some chairs or a blanket and make a night of it with family, friends and neighbors!
Some last minute reminders:
- There will be no parking until after 12 midnight on the West side of the Ossining Train Station (the river side), but don't worry-- there are plenty of spots on the East side of the train tracks and on our side streets.
- Henry Gourdine Park will be open to watch the fireworks, but please be sure to stay on the grass and off of the rocks and pathways to ensure everyone's safety. There will also be a perimeter set up around the fireworks site, so be sure to keep back from the barricades for everyone's protection.
- Please respect our parks and be sure to clean up your area when the night is over. Our staff will be working hard all night, so please help them get home earlier to their families.
Looking forward to seeing everyone down at the waterfront, it's going to be a beautiful night in Ossining!
- Last Updated: 29 June 2016 29 June 2016
The next meeting of the Planning Board of the Town of Ossining, will be held on:
*Please Note The Alternate Location*
Ossining Community Center
Ossining, NY 10562
Planning Board Work Session Agenda
- River Knoll Project, Multi-Family Development, 40 Croton Dam Road- WORK SESSION
- Artis Senior Living, LLC, 553 North State Road, Memory Care Assisted Living Facility, Site Plan- WORK SESSION