- Last Updated: 14 March 2017 14 March 2017
The snow is still coming down hard, but predictions are still all over the map as to how much accumulation we will have by day's end. Just a few reminders as we move through the morning hours:
- The Town and Village of Ossining called a Snow Emergency last night at 9PM, which remains in effect. Please stay off of the roads to allow our plows to clear them properly, and be sure to observe all Snow Emergency parking ordinances in the Village of Ossining.
- Town/Village Hall will be closed today (Tuesday, March 14th.)
- The Joseph G. Caputo Community Center will be open as a warming center from 6AM to 10PM until further notice.
- If you are a Suburban Carting customer with scheduled Tuesday pickup, you will instead have trash pickup tomorrow (Wednesday, March 15th), but depending on total accumulation, this may change. We will keep you updated.
- Metro North service will be suspended at 12 Noon today; check mta.info for morning schedules and more information.
- If you lose power, call 1-800-75-CONED to make a report. You should also call Con Ed, and the police, if you see a downed wire (911 for emergencies, (914) 941-4099 for non-emergencies.)
- When it comes time to clean up, take your time shoveling-- the snow may be light, but there will be an awful lot of it. Also, please do not clean off your car in the street, or shovel into the road-- besides making more work for your neighbors and our plows, it also makes the roads unsafe for emergency responders. If we all do our part, we will be back to normal in no time!
If you do head outside, email us your best snowman shot; he (or she) may make their way to the Town Facebook page!