- Last Updated: 19 July 2018 19 July 2018
OSSINING TOWN COURT
17.5 HOURS PER WEEK (PART TIME), CIVIL SERVICE
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: Under direct supervision, an incumbent of this class performs a variety of clerical duties of average difficulty, requiring limited judgment and responsibility in the carrying out of prescribed procedures. Detailed instructions are received at the beginning of work and on new assignments, but regular routine assignments are performed more independently and some initiative and judgement is utilized as experience is gained. In the performance of tasks, the incumbent may be required to use standard office equipment. Supervision is not an aspect of this position. Does related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (Illustrative Only)
- Posts simple and routine data to departmental records and may compile or assist in compiling reports based on tabulations of posted data and simple arithmetical computations;
- Receives and screens applications, vouchers or other forms for accuracy of content and compliance with procedural and regulatory requirements;
- Sorts, indexes and files documents, reports, vouchers correspondence and other material;
- Answers telephone, takes messages and relays information;
- Makes and checks arithmetical computations
- Furnishes routine information to inquirers at a public counter or over the telephone
- May use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, email and database software
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES: Familiarity with office procedures, including the use of simple office machines and filing systems; skill in filing, in posting to simple records, and in making simple arithmetical computations; accuracy in preparation and checking of records and forms; ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions; ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the essential duties of the position; ability to use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail and database software; resourcefulness in locating information and compiling summaries of data from office records; tact; ability to get along well with others; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position. Spanish speaking preferred.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma.
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, only experience gained after attaining the minimum education level indicated in the minimum qualifications will be considered in evaluating experience.
- Last Updated: 17 July 2018 17 July 2018
A meeting of the Planning Board of the Town of Ossining will be held on:
Wednesday, July 18th, 2018
7:30 P.M. at the
John Paul Rodrigues
Ossining Operations Center
101 Route 9A
Ossining, NY 10562
Rayford Daverne & Sons, 52-1 & 52-3 Old Albany Post Road, Architectural Review, PUBLIC HEARING Continued
Please visit the Planning Board Projects Page to view PDF copies of documents pertaining to the Agenda for July 18th.
- Last Updated: 10 July 2018 10 July 2018
Town Board Regular Meeting
Tuesday, July 10th, 2018- 7:30PM
Birdsall-Fagan Police/Court Facility, 86-88 Spring Street
Ossining, NY 10562
pdf 7-10-2018 Agenda (51 KB) (Updated 7/10)
Executive Session: Advice of Counsel
- Last Updated: 13 July 2018 13 July 2018
Town Board Work Session & Special Meeting
Tuesday, July 17th, 2018- 7:30PM
1st Floor Boardroom, 16 Croton Avenue
Ossining, NY 10562
1) Request for Letter of Support, Indian Brook Land Acquisition: Lori Ensinger, Westchester Land Trust
2) Lockbox Contract for Town Tax Office: Receiver of Taxes Holly Perlowitz
3) MOGO (Millwood Ossining Go!) Project Overview
4) Roof at Dale Cemetery Superintendent's Cottage
5) Town Website Re-Design: Discussion
6) Leaf Blower Local Law: Discussion
Executive Session: Advice of Counsel & Personnel
All Board Meetings are televised LIVE on GO-TV, on Channel 78. Taped shows are repeated every Thursday at 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Channels 78 and 18.
Watch the live webcast of Ossining Government Access Cablevision Channel 78 and Verizon Channel 43, including Town and Village Board Meetings, or stream them LIVE here.
- Last Updated: 03 July 2018 03 July 2018
We are getting some damp weather out there and potential for more later on in the evening, but the fireworks are on as scheduled! Depending on the radar, we are going to play the time by ear-- we may be shooting them off a little early, so make sure you get a good spot and be ready! The band will start playing at 7:30PM, so you will definitely want to have a good seat staked out by then. The food trucks have already assembled and are ready to feed you their delicious fare, so I'm heading down now, are you?
Thanks again to all those who help us put this amazing event together, including Interstate Fireworks, the Ossining Recreation Department, our fantastic Ossining Police Department, the Ossining Fire Department, Ossining Volunteer Ambulance Corps, and of course, our Town and Village parks staff, without whom this would never be possible.
Have a great night, and a happy, healthy and safe 4th of July!
More Articles ...
Dana Levenberg, Town Supervisor
phone (914) 762-6001
fax (914) 762-0833
16 Croton Avenue
Ossining, NY 10562
The Supervisor's Office is located on the third floor of the Town offices. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.