ENTRY-LEVEL PARK GROUNDSKEEPER POSITION
The Town of Ossining Parks Department is seeking to fill the Full-Time probationary position of Park Groundskeeper. The starting salary for this position is $61,105.
Please complete an pdf employment application (160 KB) (available in the Town Supervisor’s office on the 3rd Floor of 16 Croton Avenue between 8:30AM and 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday), and return to Maddi Zachacz in that office by 4:00PM on Wednesday, November 13th, 2019.
Under direct supervision of the Parks Foreman, performs routine manual work in connection with the general and specific upkeep and maintenance of facilities and park grounds; does related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (Illustrative Only)
- Uses power equipment, i.e. tractor lawn mowers, grass cutters, etc. in the maintenance, mowing, raking and cutting of grass in municipal parks;
- Uses various power and no-power tools in the trimming and/or removal of brush and trees in park areas;
- Makes repairs to park buildings, athletic/sports facilities, etc., which may involve minor electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry or other trade tasks;
- Operates a pick-up truck or other vehicle to transport equipment, supplies or personnel to various park sites;
- Prepares athletic fields for play including cutting grass, removing litter/ debris, lining fields, etc.;
- Maintains paths, driveways and parking lots including sweeping of areas, snow removal and minor black top repair;
- Maintains, services and makes minor adjustments to power tools, motorized equipment and park vehicles;
- Paints and repairs park benches, boats, floats, etc.;
- Makes minor repairs to parks equipment;
- Participates in grounds maintenance, including seasonal care of trees, shrubs, flowers, ground preparation for lawn rejuvenation, planning and fertilizing activities, including pesticide application and control.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES: Familiarity with ground maintenance activities, tools, and equipment; ability to understand both oral and written directions; ability to ascend and work in lofty places, where required; willingness to perform routine manual work; honesty; reliability; physical endurance; physical condition commensurate with the duties of the position. NYS Driver’s License; CDL preferred. Must be willing to work on Saturdays for up to 8 months/year as per collective bargaining agreement.