Under direct supervision of the Parks Foreman, performs routine manual work in connection with the general and specific upkeep and maintenance of facilities and grounds in Parks and Cemeteries; does related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (Illustrative Only)
- Uses power equipment, i.e. tractor lawn mowers, grass cutters, etc. in the maintenance, mowing, raking and cutting of grass in municipal parks;
- Uses various power and no-power tools in the trimming and/or removal of brush and trees in park areas;
- Makes repairs to park buildings, athletic/sports facilities, etc., which may involve minor electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry or other trade tasks;
- Prepares athletic fields for play including cutting grass, removing litter/ debris, lining fields, etc.;
- Maintains paths, driveways and parking lots including sweeping of areas, snow removal and minor black top repair;
- Maintains, services and makes minor adjustments to power tools, motorized equipment and park vehicles;
- Paints and repairs park benches, boats, floats, etc.;
- Makes minor repairs to parks equipment;
- Participates in grounds maintenance, including seasonal care of trees, shrubs, flowers, ground preparation for lawn rejuvenation, planning and fertilizing activities;
- Performs most duties listed above in Town-owned Cemeteries.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES: Familiarity with ground maintenance activities, tools, and equipment; ability to understand both oral and written directions; ability to ascend and work in lofty places, where required; willingness to perform routine manual work; honesty; reliability; physical endurance; physical condition commensurate with the duties of the position.
This posting is for seasonal positions (40 hours per week, summer and/or fall season) and part-time positions (20 hours per week, year-round).
Starting hourly rate: $15/hour
The Town of Ossining is an equal opportunity employer.