SEASONAL PARK GROUNDSKEEPER POSITION
The Town of Ossining Parks Department is seeking to fill a seasonal position of Park Groundskeeper.
Under direct supervision of the Parks Foreman, performs routine manual work in connection with the general and specific upkeep and maintenance of facilities and grounds in Parks and Cemeteries; does related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (Illustrative Only)
- Uses power equipment, i.e. tractor lawn mowers, grass cutters, etc. in the maintenance, mowing, raking and cutting of grass in municipal parks;
- Uses various power and no-power tools in the trimming and/or removal of brush and trees in park areas;
- Makes repairs to park buildings, athletic/sports facilities, etc., which may involve minor electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry or other trade tasks;
- Prepares athletic fields for play including cutting grass, removing litter/ debris, lining fields, etc.;
- Maintains paths, driveways and parking lots including sweeping of areas, snow removal and minor black top repair;
- Maintains, services and makes minor adjustments to power tools, motorized equipment and park vehicles;
- Paints and repairs park benches, boats, floats, etc.;
- Makes minor repairs to parks equipment;
- Participates in grounds maintenance, including seasonal care of trees, shrubs, flowers, ground preparation for lawn rejuvenation, planning and fertilizing activities;
- Performs most duties listed above in Town-owned Cemeteries.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES: Familiarity with ground maintenance activities, tools, and equipment; ability to understand both oral and written directions; ability to ascend and work in lofty places, where required; willingness to perform routine manual work; honesty; reliability; physical endurance; physical condition commensurate with the duties of the position.