A Work Session of the Planning Board of the Town of Ossining will be held on:
Wednesday, April 5, 2017
7:30 P.M. at the
MEETING LOCATION CHANGE
Ossining Community Center
Ossining, New York
- River Knoll, Multi-Family Development, 40 Croton Dam Rd., Re-Zone & Site Plan Review – Draft Environmental Impact Statement
The next meeting of the Zoning Board of Appeals of the Town of Ossining, will be held on:
The Town of Ossining is seeking applications for a Part-Time Intermediate Clerk in the Town Highway Department. This is a Civil Service position for a 17.5 hour work week.
Applicants must possess a high school or equivalency diploma; office experience is preferred. Click here for the Westchester County job description for the position. Ossining residents are especially encouraged to apply!
Work Session Agenda:
1) Ossining JCYS Presentation on Proposed Batting Cage Upgrades and Volunteer Request for Ryder Park
2) Presentation of "Clean Fleet" Initiative: Ron Kamen
3) Review of Proposed Local Law #2 (Zoning): David Stolman, FP Clark
All Board Meetings are televised LIVE on GO-TV, on Channel 78. Taped shows are repeated every Thursday at 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Channels 78 and 18.
The snow is still coming down hard, but predictions are still all over the map as to how much accumulation we will have by day's end. Just a few reminders as we move through the morning hours:
- The Town and Village of Ossining called a Snow Emergency last night at 9PM, which remains in effect. Please stay off of the roads to allow our plows to clear them properly, and be sure to observe all Snow Emergency parking ordinances in the Village of Ossining.
- Town/Village Hall will be closed today (Tuesday, March 14th.)
- The Joseph G. Caputo Community Center will be open as a warming center from 6AM to 10PM until further notice.
- If you are a Suburban Carting customer with scheduled Tuesday pickup, you will instead have trash pickup tomorrow (Wednesday, March 15th), but depending on total accumulation, this may change. We will keep you updated.
- Metro North service will be suspended at 12 Noon today; check mta.info for morning schedules and more information.
- If you lose power, call 1-800-75-CONED to make a report. You should also call Con Ed, and the police, if you see a downed wire (911 for emergencies, (914) 941-4099 for non-emergencies.)
- When it comes time to clean up, take your time shoveling-- the snow may be light, but there will be an awful lot of it. Also, please do not clean off your car in the street, or shovel into the road-- besides making more work for your neighbors and our plows, it also makes the roads unsafe for emergency responders. If we all do our part, we will be back to normal in no time!
If you do head outside, email us your best snowman shot; he (or she) may make their way to the Town Facebook page!
More Articles ...
Dana Levenberg, Town Supervisor
phone (914) 762-6001
fax (914) 762-0833
16 Croton Avenue
Ossining, NY 10562
The Supervisor's Office is located on the third floor of the Town offices. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.