A Work Session of the Planning Board of the Town of Ossining will be held on:
Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017
7:30 P.M. at the
Ossining Operations Center
101 Route 9A
Ossining, NY 10562
Parth Knolls LLC., 87 Hawkes Avenue: Construction Sequence Plan
Please visit the Planning Board Projects Page to view PDF copies of documents pertaining to the Agenda for May 3rd.
The next meeting of the Zoning Board of Appeals of the Town of Ossining, will be held on:
Monday, May 1, 2017
Ossining Operations Center
101 Route 9A, 1st Floor Conference Room
Ossining, NY 10562
Town of Ossining Zoning Board Preliminary Agenda:
Please visit the Town Zoning Board Project page to view PDF copies of documents pertaining to the Agenda for May 1st, 2017.
On the afternoon of April 7th, 2017, I received a letter from Gloria Fried, our Receiver of Taxes, with some important news. After nearly 16 years of dedicated service as the Town of Ossining's elected Receiver of Taxes, Gloria shared with me that she does not plan to run for re-election, and that she will be resigning from her unexpired term effective June 30th, 2017. I know I speak for my colleagues on the Town Board, as well as the department heads and staff of the Town and Village of Ossining, when I say that we are incredibly grateful to Gloria for her dedication to the job that she loves, and I also know that Gloria will leave a legacy of integrity, progressive practices, and fair and honorable service.
However, Gloria's departure leaves us with a vacancy in an integral position for our Town, and we need to move quickly to prepare for this change in administration. While the Board will be accepting Gloria's resignation this coming Tuesday, the Town Board will start accepting applications to fill this vacancy immediately. Please note that this Town Board appointment is only until the end of the current term (July 1st through December 31st, 2017.) As the Receiver of Taxes is an elected position, whomever is elected by the residents of Ossining in November of 2017 will take office in January 2018; we are hopeful that whomever is appointed by the Town Board will be willing to run for the position later this year.
Please see the below announcement-- we will be sending this along to The Gazette and The Journal News as well. If you or someone you know is qualified and interested in this exciting opportunity, please follow the instructions to submit your resume and letter of interest in the next two weeks.
The Town is seeking applications to fill the unexpired term of the elected Receiver of Taxes from July 1 until the term expiration on December 31, 2017.
The job responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Ensuring correct and timely collection of School, Town, County and Special District taxes: facilitation of bill file creation, production and verification of receipts and deposits, calculation of penalties, preparation of delinquent reports and administration of payment plans
- Working with residents, businesses, lenders and attorneys to effectively collect on warrants
- Preparing monthly reports of collection and outstanding balances
- Conducting annual foreclosure proceedings: running title searches to explore prior liens, preparing legal notices, calculating apportionment of proceeds including applicable penalties, attorney fees, etc.
- Conducting annual auctions of In Rem judgement properties: preparation of advertisements, computation of minimum bids, preparation of public notices and closing documents
- Computing refunds for tax certiorari claims
- Supervising maintenance of tax rolls and related records
- Supervision of Deputy Receiver of Taxes and/or clerical assistants
The successful candidate for the appointed term from July 1 through December 31, 2017 shall reflect at least the following minimum levels of training, experience and abilities:
- Graduation from high school of possession of a high school equivalency diploma either: (a) no fewer than ten (10) years of full-time financial record keeping experience OR (b) satisfactory completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field and no fewer than six (6) years of full-time financial record keeping experience;
- Comprehensive knowledge of New York State Real Property Tax Law Articles 9 and 11, New York State Town Law, Westchester County Code Section 283 and the Ossining Town Code as it pertain to payment plans, financial record keeping standards in accordance with local government standards, and the geography of the Town of Ossining;
- Ability to explain and communicate effectively and transmit information accurately in English, both orally and in writing;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, word processing, and data processing is required.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Town Board Regular Meeting/Public Hearing and Work Session- Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 at 16 Croton Avenue
Regular Meeting/ Public Hearing and Work Session
Tuesday, April 25th, 2017- 7:30PM
16 Croton Avenue, 1st Floor Board Room
Ossining NY 10562
Work Session- 7:30PM
- Review of Zoning Law- David Stolman, Frederick P. Clark
All Board Meetings are televised LIVE on GO-TV, on Channel 78. Taped shows are repeated every Thursday at 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Channels 78 and 18.
Watch the live webcast of Ossining Government Access Cablevision Channel 78 and Verizon Channel 43, including Town and Village Board Meetings, or stream them LIVE here.
The Town of Ossining is seeking a Seasonal Laborer to work at Dale Cemetery. The successful applicant will work under the direction of the Cemetery Superintendent for a period not to exceed 4 months, and may perform tasks including, but not limited to, the following:
- Performing routine cleaning, maintenance and repair assignments
- Loading/ unloading materials and equipment from trucks
- Cleaning and operating equipment, supplies, and instruments in accordance with defined procedures
- Digging and refilling trenches
- Raking leaves and hauling away rubbish
- Cutting grass by hand or with tractor driven mowing machines and cutting up felled trees
The successful applicant also must be able to follow oral instructions, get along well with others, understand and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the essential duties of the position, and be physically capable of performing the above.
The Town of Ossining Employment Application is available pdf here (124 KB) , or at 16 Croton Avenue in the Office of the Town Clerk or in the Supervisor's Office. Please return completed applications to Maddi Zachacz in the Supervisor's Office at 16 Croton Avenue before Friday, April 28th at 4PM.
More Articles ...
Dana Levenberg, Town Supervisor
phone (914) 762-6001
fax (914) 762-0833
16 Croton Avenue
Ossining, NY 10562
The Supervisor's Office is located on the third floor of the Town offices. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.