- Last Updated: 22 November 2017 22 November 2017
On Tuesday, November 21st, the Town received a letter of resignation from Councilwoman Kim Jeffrey, along with the following statement:
"It is with excitement, but also bittersweetness, that I am announcing today that I am going to start a new chapter of my life. As many know, along with being a Town Board member for 4 years, I have worked full time for Senator Carlucci for almost 5. These 2 roles have afforded me the wonderful opportunity to serve people in many ways. Recently, I have received a new opportunity to work for the Westchester District Attorney's Office. This new career precludes me from being an elected official, and therefore it is with a heavy heart that I will be resigning from the Board effective December 1st, 2017. It has been a hard decision to make, but it is the right decision for me and my family. The timing is unfortunate, but we do not always choose timing. I am so proud and humbled to have served you. I thank you immensely for your support, all the relationships I have forged, and all that I have learned and that you have taught me. I leave knowing that there is more to do, but proud of the work I have done, facilitated, or been part of. I thank this board and am confident that these honorable people will continue the hard work to keep supporting our community and moving forward. I am leaving this role but I will continue to serve in other ways and I will always be here for you, my community. Thank you for your support. Thank you for your trust. And thank you for allowing me to serve you."
Following the unexpected resignation of Town Councilwoman Kim Jeffrey due to unforeseen circumstances, The Town of Ossining is seeking letters of interest for a one-year appointment to the Town Board to be effective on January 1st, 2018. Please be advised that this appointment will end effective December 31st, 2018—the seat will be up for election in November of 2018 for the remaining three years of the unexpired term, beginning January 1st, 2019. All are welcome to apply.
- Last Updated: 14 November 2017 14 November 2017
A meeting of the Planning Board of the Town of Ossining will be held on:
Wednesday, November 15th, 2017
7:30 P.M. at the
Ossining Operations Center
101 Route 9A
Ossining, NY 10562
Butler Subdivision, 2 Hillcrest Dr., Briarcliff, 2 Lot Subdivision
Town Board Regular & Town Hall Meeting- Tuesday, November 14th, 2017 at the Ossining Public Library, 7PM
- Last Updated: 13 November 2017 13 November 2017
Town Board Regular & Town Hall Meeting
Tuesday, November 14th, 2017
Budarz Theater - Ossining Public Library
53 Croton Avenue, Ossining NY 10562
The Town Board will begin with their Regular Meeting at 7PM, where they will approve the pdf voucher detail report (99 KB) and attend to other pressing business. After the Regular Meeting, the Town Board will adjourn into the Town Hall Meeting portion of the evening, which will include a presentation from Gerald Benjamin and Thomas Cetrino of SUNY New Paltz, who will discuss the case study from the City of Kingston, where the Homestead tax option was implemented in 1989. John Wolham from the NYS Office of Real Property Tax Services will also join us to discuss the potential implications of enacting Homestead.
However, assuming there is time after the meeting material has been discussed, the Town Board will be taking public comment (3 minutes per person, please) until 9:15PM at the latest.
Please remember the following:
- The meeting will begin at 7PM. If you plan to attend, please arrive early to ensure you have time to find parking.
- We must leave the Library by 9:15PM at the absolute latest. If you wish to address the Board and time runs out, please be prepared to submit your comment or question in writing and the Board will make sure your question is answered as soon as possible.
- If you cannot make this meeting, it will not be live-streamed (there is no ability to do this from the Library)-- the meeting will be recorded and posted to the Town's Youtube channel within 48 hours.
- Last Updated: 08 November 2017 08 November 2017
Town Board Special Meeting & Work Session
Tuesday, November 8th, 2017- 7:30PM
Birdsall-Fagan Police/Court Facility, 86-88 Spring Street
Ossining, NY 10562
2) Introductory Discussion: "Poop Scooper" Legislation
3) Introductory Discussion: Leaf Blower Legislation
4) Introductory Discussion: Notification Requirements for Demolition Permits
5) Renewal of Green Waste IMA with Village of Ossining
6) Update of PACE Financing Local Law
Executive Session: Personnel for a Specific Individual/ Advice of Counsel/ Contracts
All Board Meetings are televised LIVE on GO-TV, on Channel 78. Taped shows are repeated every Thursday at 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Channels 78 and 18.
Watch the live webcast of Ossining Government Access Cablevision Channel 78 and Verizon Channel 43, including Town and Village Board Meetings, or stream them LIVE here.