- Last Updated: 23 April 2019 23 April 2019
Town Board Regular Meeting
Tuesday, April 23rd, 2019 - 7:30PM
Birdsall-Fagan Police/Court Facility, 86-88 Spring Street
Ossining, NY 10562
pdf 4-23-2019 Agenda (1.73 MB) (revised 4/23)
All Board Meetings are televised LIVE on GO-TV, on Channel 78. Taped shows are repeated every Thursday at 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Channels 78 and 18.
Watch the live webcast of Ossining Government Access Cablevision Channel 78 and Verizon Channel 43, including Town and Village Board Meetings, or stream them LIVE here.
- Last Updated: 22 April 2019 22 April 2019
The weekend is almost upon us, and look at that sun shine! We had some really great weather this week, reminding us that Spring, in fact, has arrived!
Spring is a super busy time for our Building Inspector John Hamilton, who spends a lot of his day out in the field working on projects. As you probably know, we have lots going on in the Unincorporated area of Town, one of the most obvious being the Artis Memory Care Facility on North State Road. This project, which was before the Planning Board for quite some time, has been moving quickly on their construction.
Once complete, this building will be a memory care facility, housing seniors who suffer from Alzheimer's disease or other forms of memory loss. We feel fortunate to have such an important assisted living facility decide to make its home here in Ossining-- not only does this development add to the Town's overall assessment, it does so without adding school-aged children to our district, which helps to lower the tax burden for all residents.When I last spoke to the contractor, they were anticipating a 2020 opening.
- Last Updated: 12 April 2019 12 April 2019
Town Hall Meeting
Tuesday, April 16th, 2019
Budarz Theater - Ossining Public Library
53 Croton Avenue, Ossining NY 10562
Town Hall Meeting Agenda:
1. Dale Cemetery Superintendent's Cottage Renovation Presentation: Stephanie Reinert of Stephen Tilly, Architect
Please remember the following:
- The meeting will begin at 7:30PM. If you plan to attend, please arrive early to ensure you have time to find parking.
- We must leave the Library by 9:15PM at the absolute latest. If you wish to address the Board and time runs out, please be prepared to submit your comment or question in writing and the Board will make sure your question is answered as soon as possible.
- If you cannot make this meeting, it will be recorded and posted to the Town's YouTube channel within 48 hours.
- Last Updated: 18 April 2019 18 April 2019
This week is marked by one thing above all others, and that is the retirement of longtime Town Superintendent of Highways Michael G. O'Connor. Michael G's last day was yesterday, after serving in his current role since 2006, and before that, as a Town Board member since 1990. The Town Board recognized Michael G. on Tuesday night at our Board Meeting and presented him with a proclamation naming April 11th, 2019 as "Michael G. O'Connor Day" in the Town of Ossining.
We also had an awesome cake made for him, featuring one of our very own Highway trucks in "Municipal Orange."