- Category: Town Departments
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 December 2013 16:29
Gloria Fried, Receiver of Taxes
16 Croton Avenue
Ossining, NY 10562
fax (914) 762-0635
SECOND INSTALLMENT SCHOOL TAXES ARE DUE BY JANUARY 31, 2014
Payment can be made by mail, on the internet (via Xpress-pay.com start here), or in person at the Office of the Receiver of Taxes, 16 Croton Avenue, Ossining, New York, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Call (914) 762-8790 if you are a new homeowner and/or need a copy of your bill.
|Would you like to receive e-mail reminders for important tax deadlines?
Tax Reminders & Alerts Signup Here!
Sign up for e-mail reminders for your Town/County and School tax bills and receive notices of important deadlines so you won't miss a tax bill!
|Pay Your Taxes Online!
Pay Your Ossining Municipal & School Taxes Online at Xpress-pay.com
The Office of Receiver of Taxes collects yearly school, town, and county taxes and enforces the collection of delinquent taxes. Residents may contact the office to inquire about tax rates as well as taxes owed and paid.
Dates to Remember:
January 31: Second half school taxes due without penalty
April 30: Town and county taxes (one installment) are due without penalty
September 30: First half school taxes due without penalty
Office Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
Paying by Mail:
- If mailing a tax payment a few days prior to the due date, make certain that you witness a timely official United States postmark being affixed to the envelope. Postage meter (i.e. Pitney Bowes) and foreign postmarks are not acceptable. An envelope, containing payment of local taxes, without an U.S. Postmark date is deemed paid on the date received. (NYS Real Property Tax Law, section 924a)
- Effective Jan 1, 2003, new legislation now allows us to accept FedEx, UPS, DHL, and Airborne as timely deliveries if postmarked by the last day of the collection period. (NYS Real Property Tax Law, section 925)
- Please include your telephone number on your check in case the Tax office needs to reach you.
- Properties with taxes remaining unpaid after 21 months of the tax levy will go into In Rem Foreclosure.
- Current taxes must be paid prior to any earlier taxes owed on all Properties that are in the delinquent stage and are in the process of enforcement. (NYS Real Property Tax Law, section 1112)
- If you are a new homeowner or have changed banks or lending institutions make sure that your tax bills are paid in a timely manner either by yourself or your lending institution.
- If you are submitting tax payments directly to the Town and have not received a tax bill at least one month prior to the payment due date, you should contact the Tax office.
- If you buy property after the September payment date for the first half school tax, but prior to the January 31 payment date for the second half, you must contact the Tax Office to determine the tax amount due. Second half payments received after January 31 are subject to a 10% penalty.
- The failure to receive a Tax Bill shall in no way affect the validity of the taxes or interest prescribed by law with respect thereto. (NYS Real Property Law, section 922)
- Next >>